As we hoped, there was some Fusion news at OpenWorld from Larry’s Keynote:
- We’ll see Fusion next year. I’m guessing the tail end of 2010, rather than January. Maybe even next year’s OpenWorld?
- It is code complete, and it’s currently being tested internally.
- It covers many modules, but not all. No manufacturing or public sector from the off.
- It’ll be very modular and hot-plugable so will interoperate well with existing ERP implementations.
- It can run in the cloud (SAAS) or on premise.
There are some highly impressive screenshots here. It’s worth going through to the end, particularly for us HR folks for the talent management 9-boxes and org charts. I’m not overstating when I say that it looks awesome.